THE DEVIL COMES ON TWO WHEELS!
The Devil comes in many guises – but with this Thunderbike Build, the Devil has only one face: in the form of the latest Harley-Davidson Heritage Model. For a Chicano conversion in this class, the Softail Heritage models are the perfect conversion base: a frame with clearly defined proportions and a classic Harley-Davidson line. A design that is reminiscent of the historic models, but offers modern driving comfort. The tight, yet comfortable chassis and agile engine of the new Softail generation provide the necessary driving pleasure and make every rider smile.
The Chicano Style found its origin in the 40’s in New Mexico and goes back to the Mexican-American way of life. Chicano refers to a Mexican worker who immigrated to the USA to find work in the fields. This newly immigrated culture formed the Lowrider scene, which is also known today from well-known music videos. “Bajito y suavecito – Low and Slow” is the motto that shapes the designs of the vehicles: The vehicle is brought to the ground as low as possible and driven as slowly as possible so that onlookers can admire the conversion. The so-called Caballeros are supposed to remind of a knight promenading on his decorated horse. A further characteristic is the elaborate paint job, which should reflect the nature of the vehicle and the owner.
Special Parts for a Special Bike
The elongated front and rear fenders were specially made in the Thunderbike forge to fit the Thunderbike Digger wheels in the right shape and deliver the low look. In order to immerse the rear wheel as deep as possible into the fender, the rear swingarm was “swept”. Also with the 23″ front wheel a lot of effort was needed to get the tire as deep as possible into the fender. Of course the El Diablo has a Thunderbike Air Ride front and rear, which means it can be easily lifted up by 8cm at the push of a button.
- Pulley Brake Kit Thunderbike
- Pulley Thunderbike Spoke 66T/25mm
- Extra Charge Pulley Powdercoating Black
- Brake Disc Thunderbike Floated Spoke, black
- Side Mount License Bracket Thunderbike medium, black
- License Plate Frame Thunderbike Inside Plate
- Swingarm Conversation Thunderbike Special
- Wheels Thunderbike Digger 4.5×18 & 4×23
- Rear Tirer Shinko R777 150/70 18
- Front Tirer Shinko R777 130/60 23
- Turn Signals Thunderbike Stripe LED, black
- Riser Thunderbike Old Style 1,5“ with wire holes
- Turn Signals Rizoma Club S 3-in-1
- Rear Turn Signal Brackets Thunderbike, black
- Ignition Cover Thunderbike New Custom
- Ignition Coil Relocation Kit for Air Ride Switch Thunderbike, black
- Rear Axle Cover Set Thunderbike, black
- Front Axle Cover Set Thunderbike, black
- Brake Caliper Cover Thunderbike
- Air Ride Thunderbike Suspension Kit
- Seat Plate Thunderbike
- Seat Sattlerei Ankert
- Airbox Cover Thunderbike Grand Classic, black
- Grips Harley-Davidson Defiance, black cut
- Painting Chiko’s Pinstriping
- Handlebar Thunderbike El Toxico 32mm
- Footboard Kit Harley-Davidson Defiance, black cut
- Brake Pedal Pads Harley-Davidson Defiance, black cut
- Shifter Peg Harley-Davidson Defiance, black
- Shift Lever Harley-Davidson Billet Style, Edge Cut
- Shift Linkage Harley-Davidson, black
- Left Swingarm Axle Cover Thunderbike
- Mirrors Thunderbike Joker, black
- Exhaust Thunderbike Special
Making Of - The Liberation
Before we start with a project like this in our custom workshop, the liberation follows! Here you can see the complete Making Of documentation in pictures.