What's good can be made better
CVO Harleys are special. The three letters stand for “Custom Vehicle Operations”, they are limited edition special models, always at the cutting edge of development and at the top of the Harley-Davidson model range. When you get your hands on a CVO Harley, it is best to preserve, protect and keep it in its original condition. With this CVO Breakout, we have drawn a new line that just by looking at it, pushes it forward.
This 2016 FXSE CVO Pro Street Breakout was also one of the last of the Twin Cam series. It came to us with just under 4300 kilometres on the odometer in excellent original condition, but the customer wanted to have the bike rebuilt to his specifications.
The Breakouts are popular not just for their sleek lines. In the Pro Street version with lamp mask, they also have a particularly sporty look. That’s where we’ve been able to start and finish.
In fact, the Breakouts are a popular base for conversions, including the CVOs. Okay, if it’s good, you can always make it better.
The stripe turn signals are well hidden. Even Motogadget’s glassless rear-view mirror is unobtrusive.
It can be even blacker. We powder coated pretty much all the outer engine parts, including the pushrod tubes.
Lowering is a must have. So even without Air-Ride, the steel mudguard hugs the rear wheel.
We have optimised the gearing for high speed with a Müller hydro clutch. This is generally recommended for Harley clutches. We added some visual touches by powder-coating pretty much all the external engine parts, including the pushrod tubes, in black. And the paint was done in a colour with the wonderful name of “Gunship Grey”.
Parts & Details
- Thunderbike Rear Fender Steel 260mm
- Thunderbike Seat Plate
- Thunderbike Seat Foam for TB Seat Plate
- Thunderbike Cover Tank to Seat, black
- Thunderbike Lowering Kit OEM Shock Absorber 35mm
- Thunderbike Side Mount Licence Plate Bracket medium
- Thunderbike License Plate Frame Inside Plate
- Thunderbike License Plate Lighting
- Thunderbike Reflector Inside Plate
- Thunderbike Flat Riser Kit -17mm
- Thunderbike Handlebar Torque 1.25''
- Motogadget mo.view Sport Mirror black
- Thunderbike Frontfender Recall
- Thunderbike Chin Fairing TB-R
- Thunderbike Turn Signals Stripe LED with Housing
- Thunderbike Turn Signal Load Equalizer 3in1 rear
- Metzeler Cruisetec Rear Tire 260/40VR18 M/CTL 84V
- Metzeler Cruisetec Front Tire 130/60B19M/CTL 61H
This allows the muscle bike to take off in style, and thanks to the dual disc system at the front, the Grey Buster can be slowed down like it was dropping an anchor. Harley’s CVO series breakouts came factory-fitted, and it was a wise investment. Even with our modifications, this Twin Cam is still something to be protected and guarded.