Man on Fire
This customer is no stranger. You may know him as the TV presenter of “Auto Mobil” on German Broadcast VOX or as a racing driver in the Falkenporsche at the 24-hour race in Le Mans. Or you simply know him as a Harley rider on his Springer Evo or his CVO Street Glide. And from now on you can also see him on this hot machine!
In the last weeks we accompanied Lance David Arnold during the construction of his custom bike. From the advice on the base model to the selection of parts to the finished bike, there was a lot to sort out. You can find the whole story here below. And now it’s finally finished!
“What do you think now, when you see the bike complete?” we want to know from him during the handover at the race track in Meppen. “I wouldn’t have dreamed of it like this!” Then it was off to the tarmac for the two men. Lance on his brand new custom bike and our sales consultant Thomas on another, somewhat moderately converted FXDR, the base model for this conversion. And?
“I’m completely flashed” it bubbles out of the Duisbuger, as he gets off his new bike.
Once again, Lance is more than enthusiastic and thanks for the smooth cooperation “… with you positive wacky people. And you can see the result here. Cool!” And Thomas promises with a laugh: “We’ll stay wacky!”
“Green Hell” it’s called, like the legendary Nordschleife, the oldest part of the Nürburgring, where Lance feels at home. The abbreviation “LDA 86” for his name and year of manufacture can be found on all the vehicles in Lance’s fleet. We have engraved it as a special design on various lids for him.
What makes this bike, however, are our matched components: Single-sided swingarm, big wheels, lowered front and rear, rear fender with lights, side license plate, nose spoiler and various black covers. And yes, of course we beefed up the powerful Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine with the torque kit (Screamin’ Eagle Stage II) and the big air cleaner and tuned it with DON Performance.
Parts & Details
- Thunderbike Single-Side Swingarm Kit 21'' Alu
- Thunderbike Pulley Vegas
- Thunderbike Vegas Race wheel
- Thunderbike Triple Tree GT 23''
- Thunderbike Fork Modification Lowering Destruction
- Thunderbike Handlebar Clip-On Lowering black
- Thunderbike Grip-Set Base Alu
- Thunderbike Turn Signal Bracket front M8 black
- Thunderbike Toppers Base
- Motogadget mo.Blaze Pin Turn Signal Set
- Thunderbike Front fender GT 23'' GRP
- Thunderbike Rear Fender GP-Style 260 mm
- Thunderbike License Plate Frame Inside Plate
- Thunderbike License Plate Lighting
- Motogadget mo.view Sport Mirror black
- Thunderbike Airbox Kit Oval
- Harley-Davidson Screamin Eagle 10mm Phat Spark Plug Wires black
- Harley-Davidson Screamin Eagle Stage II Torque Kit
- Thunderbike Chin Fairing GP Short GRP
- Thunderbike Timer Cover Drilled
- Thunderbike Brake Disc Vegas Floated 340mm
- Thunderbike Forward Controls Grand Prix black
- Thunderbike Seat Plate
- Thunderbike Belt 1'' heavy duty
- Thunderbike EFI-Cover black wrinkle
- Thunderbike Derby Cover Drilled contrast cut
- Thunderbike Front Axle Cover-Set black matte
- Thunderbike Axle Cover Swingarm left
- Metzeler Cruisetec Rear Tire 260/35VR21 83V
- Metzeler ME888F Front Tire 130/60B23 M/C TL 65H
- KessTech BT Choppers / Slayer Exhaust System Euro 4
Review - Step by step to the custombike
Lance David Arnold – LDA for short – has caught it again. As soon as he enters our store, he is gripped by the “want to have” fever.
We can cure that! Our doctor Thomas is happy to take care of the problem. Where does it hurt?
“I need a wide wheel!” bursts out Lance. “My Touring Bike is really great. You can do a lot with it. But I need something flat. And a wide wheel.” We have a recipe for that, Lance!
Not so easy! How to get step by step to the right base bike and select the accessories to build a mega custom bike – that’s what we show in the first part of our small series about Lance’s new conversion.
Lance David Arnold
Race Driver – Moderator – Instructor
… and most Harley-crazy! For his jobs, Lance drives the fastest, newest and most unusual cars of various brands. But his motorcycles have always come from Milwaukee! Currently he is riding his Springer Evo or his CVO Street Glide – together with his dad and his Street Glide Special or his first Street Bob.
And what else? In the summer of 2021 he took part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans with his team in a Falkenporsche, you can book him as an instructor at the Nürburgring and many of you know him as a TV presenter on the VOX Auto Magazin “Auto Mobil” (every Sunday at 5pm).
Have a look at Lance David Arnold’s website and click on Lance’s Youtube channel, where he is on the road with his new MAN.
Here we go on with our little story about the building of Lance’ Custombike