The Metzeler Project Bike
Text by Metzeler
The new Metzeler ME 888 – 260/35-21…now available – exclusively at Thunderbike!
The new 21 inch rear tyre “Triple Eight” is now available from Thunderbike and in our online shop. For the predecessor tyre ME 880 in the dimension 260/35/21 inch the production was stopped some time ago. Thunderbike had specialized in this size in the last years and brought a considerable amount of custom bikes with these 21″ Hi tires on the road. The demand for this giant was still there at TB and their customers.
After lengthy discussions and negotiations between Metzeler and TB, a new edition of the 21 inch ME 888 was agreed upon exclusively for TB. Of course you will find all current Metzeler motorcycle tyres in the Thunderbike Shop.
Talking to Thunderbike, they say: We can now continue to meet demand and also supply replacement tyres to our customers who already own a bike with this tyre dimension. Above all, our creativity will not be restricted in order to continue to realize projects and custom bikes with 21″ rear wheels. But also current Harley Davidson frames are predestined to use this extravagant look of the 21″ rear wheel rims. Especially the models Breakout and Rocker can be converted with little effort. But also for all other Softail and Dyna models there are corresponding conversion kits at TB.
The update of the 260/35-21” as ME888 sets new standards and clearly shows how cool design and best driving performance can be combined.
The evolution of the ME 880 Marathon 260/35/21, the performance-designed tire for V-Twin cruisers and heavy touring motorcycles.
Innovative tire technologies guarantee constant driving characteristics over the entire service life up to the wear limit.
Excellent grip, even in difficult conditions such as wet and cold. Excellent stability and agile handling at both high and low speeds. Higher mileage compared to its predecessor.
- Wheel Thunderbike Big Speed
- Exhaust Vance & Hines Shortsshots staggered
- Rear Fender Thunderbike TB-R Round
- Frontfender Thunderbike Breakout
- Mirror Thunderbike Rizoma Dynamic
- Swingarm Kit Thunderbike Kreuzfeuer
- Forward Control Thunderbike Base Rubber
- License Plate Frame Thunderbike Inside Plate
- License Plate Lighting Thunderbike Inside Plate
- License Bracket Thunderbike Side short
- Motogadget Thunderbike Motoscope
- Ignition Cover Thunderbike Drilled
- Derby Cover Thunderbike Drilled
- Power filter kit Thunderbike Drilled
- LED Signal Thunderbike PenHead 2
- Grip Set Thunderbike Base Rubber
- Seat Plate Thunderbike
- Pulley Thunderbike Brake Kit
- Pulley Thunderbike Speedstar
- Headlight Kit Thunderbike Nightrod-Special
- Air Ride Suspension Kit Thunderbike
- Brake Disc Thunderbike Speedstar
Customparts, Dealer Support
0049 2852 - 6777-33
Customparts, Dealer Support
0049 2852 - 6777-31
Sales, Financing, Rental, Custombikes
0049 2852 - 6777-41
Custombikes Service Workshop
0049 2852 - 6777-56